Due to ongoing concerns associated with the COVID-19 virus, the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia has granted a request from the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for a temporary waiver of current CLE rules and regulations which limit the CLE credits for online and in-house credits to 12 credits, or half of the […]
Resources for Attorneys
- Tips for CLE Credit Submission
- Submit Credit for Approved/Non-Approved Courses
- Request for Publication Credit
- Request for Teaching Credit
- List of Approved Legal Education Providers
- Bridge the Gap Program Information
- View your Legal Education Transcript
- To confirm credits that have been submitted by a legal education provider and add them to your transcript click here to view the “Awaiting your approval” section at the bottom of your transcript.
- State Bar courses are planned and presented for the purpose of providing CLE credit in WV for WV barred attorneys. If attorneys want credit for our seminars in other states in which they are barred, they should self-report the credits in accordance with the CLE rules of those states. Given our resources, the WVSB staff is not able to complete forms and pay fees associated with seeking credit in other states.
Resources for Legal Education Providers
- Presumptively Accredited Course Provider Application
- Legal Education Provider Online Registration
- If you are unsure if your organization has previously registered as a provider contact Angie Volk at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Course Approval Application –
- All individual course approval applications should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the scheduled date of the seminar with a $50 processing fee. If the application is submitted 30 days or less before the course date, the application processing fee is doubled to $100. The course application fee for on-demand (pre-recorded) delivery format courses is $100. On-demand format courses (which do not have a specific course completion date) should not be submitted on the same application with live attendance or in-house courses which have a specific course date.
- Rules & Regulations