10/25/2017 – Members admitted to the West Virginia State Bar after July 1, 2018 are subject to the following requirements:
The West Virginia Supreme Court adopted proposed amendments to the Bridge the Gap Program by Administrative Order in October 2017, with the changes taking effect on July 1, 2018. Click Here for the Administrative Order
- The new Bridge the Gap Program requires mandatory in-person attendance at one of two seminars to be held annually. The training sessions will occur once at the State Bar Annual Meeting and a second time at a geographically different location each calendar year.
- The first program offering will occur on April 8, 2019 in Charleston, West Virginia at the State Bar Annual Meeting. The second program offering will occur in November 2019 at a date and location to be determined. The third program offering will occur in April 2020 at the State Bar Annual Meeting at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
- Each new lawyer admitted to practice after July 1, 2018 will have twenty-four months after their date of admission to complete the program.
- Bridge the Gap will be FREE to all new admittees. Attendance will count toward the mandatory CLE attendance requirements.
6/8/2016 – Legal Education Providers are now required to submit course information and attendance information using the State Bar’s Provider Portal (also know as the Membership Portal). When providers submit attendance lists the State Bar member will receive an email asking them to confirm their credit hours or to delete the course from their transcript. To confirm a course that has been submitted by a legal education provider to your transcript click here to view the “Awaiting your approval” section at the bottom of your transcript.
Resources for Attorneys
- Submit Credit – Add a course to your legal education transcript.
- Request for Publication Credit
- Request for Teaching Credit
- List of Approved Legal Education Providers
- List of Approved Courses
- View your Legal Education Transcript
- To confirm a course that has been submitted by a legal education provider to your transcript click here to view the “Awaiting your approval” section at the bottom of your transcript.
Resources for Legal Education Providers
- Become a Presumptive Accredited Sponsor
- Legal Education Provider Online Registration
- Online Sponsor Course Approval Application – Login or register before applying for your course to be approved.
- Individual Sponsor Course Approval Paper Application Form (PDF)
- All individual course approvals should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the scheduled date of the seminar with a $50 processing fee. If the application is not submitted at least 30 days prior, the application processing fee is doubled to $100.
- Sponsor Course Approval Application Late Fee Effective as of 2015
- Rules & Regulations