If you have been impacted by the flooding, or know an attorney who has been impacted, please contact Anita Casey (email@example.com) to determine what the State Bar can do to assist with helping reconstruct files, finding an office for you to use and/or to arrange for using the State Bar Center as an operational headquarters.
How can attorneys help?
Legal Aid is seeking volunteers to do the following:
- Offer pro bono advice, brief services, or representation to disaster victims through Legal Aid. (Volunteer would be covered under LAWV malpractice policy.)
- Join a Pro Bono Attorney Referral List for victims whose income exceeds Legal Aid’s income restrictions.
Public Legal Resources
- Legal Aid Flood Recovery Legal Help Hotline: 1-877-331-4259
- Legal Aid Disaster Recovery Self Help Library
- Tax Relief for Victims of Severe Storms, Flooding, Landslides and Mudslides in West Virginia
- FEMA: 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362) or disasterassistance.gov.
– FEMA Fact Packet
– Flood Assistance Flyer (Emergency Services by County)