The WV State Bar is happy to announce that Photo ID Cards are now available. We are working closely with the DMV to restore the online process but until that online service is restored you can follow the instructions below to order a State Bar Photo ID card.
- Login to www.mywvbar.org/bar-id-card
- Click on the “View and Print your Membership Record” link
- Print the “attorney profile” page
- Call the DMV Driver’s Help Desk at 304-926-2508. The DMV Help Desk will assign a photo card number.
- The DMV Help Desk will communicate the assigned “photo card number” to you (You will need this number when visiting a DMV Regional Office. Note: Your photo card number is not the same as your State Bar number.
- The Help Desk will guide you to the closest DMV Regional Office to have your photo taken for your Bar Photo ID Card.
- Take the print out referenced above “attorney profile” and your driver’s license with you to a DMV Regional Office.
**The attorney will visit a Regional Office after speaking with the DMV Help Desk and receiving a photo card number. The DMV will charge $25 per card.**
State Bar Photo ID Cards will not be given out the same day. Once your photo is taken and the registration process is completed at the DMV you will receive your card in the mail within 10-14 business days.