Paralegal – West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience. Full-time employees of the West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office (WVSTO) are eligible for Public Employee Insurance Agency benefits and a number of other benefits available to state employees.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent; Not in the Classified Service; FLSA: Non-exempt
Department: WVSTO Legal Division
Reports To: General Counsel
- Reviews, researches, and analyzes legal sources, such as statutes, rules, regulations, case law, treatises, legislation, and news.
- Prepares and reviews legal documents, legislative documents, and WV-FOIA responses.
- Analyzes factual information and data and prepares reports.
- Monitors and tracks pending state and federal legislation and monitors legislative hearings.
- Files legal documents.
- Manages calendars and schedules for attorneys.
- Attends meetings with attorneys and takes notes.
- Acts as a librarian for legal documents, files, and books.
- Composes routine legal correspondence.
- Assists counsel with various legal projects and administrative tasks on an as needed basis.
- Successful completion of a Paralegal (Legal Assistant) training program and a current, nationally recognized paralegal certification. Candidates with significant, relevant work experience in lieu of paralegal certification may be considered.
- One year of work experience in a relevant field or three years of experience performing duties similar to the essential duties and responsibilities required for this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- A professional demeanor and mature attitude to deal with complex and confidential matters.
- Basic knowledge of the principles and application of law in West Virginia.
- Basic knowledge of legal research tools.
- Ability to gather and interpret pertinent statutory and regulatory provisions and present findings in a logical and persuasive written form.
- Ability to understand governmental organization and operation.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office, Westlaw, case management software, and other business-related systems.
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23, 2021.
This job opportunity is not in the classified service and is not covered under the Administrative Rule of the WV Division of Personnel. Therefore, interested persons must apply directly to the hiring agency as indicated above.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com