Website West Virginia Housing Development Fund
Job Summary: This employee is responsible for preparing and responding to various department requests within the West Virginia Housing Development Fund (the “Fund”). They will be expected to perform his/her duties with the highest ethical standards and represent the Fund with the highest possible integrity, honesty, and fairness in all dealings with the public and business community. This employee will have access to sensitive and confidential data; therefore, confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Prepares and/or reviews legal sufficiency of loan closing documents for compliance with the Fund’s programs and applicable state and federal laws;
- Researches federal and state housing statutes and regulations and analyzes the impact on existing policies and business practices regarding the development and operation of multifamily projects;
- Develops and maintains a current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations relating to multifamily housing, including fair housing laws;
- Provides drafts of program updates to Senior Legal Counsel as needed for the various departments within the Fund to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations;
- Assists with staff trainings relating to state and federal laws applicable to housing;
- Attends closings for multifamily programs;
- Assists in preparation of releases, modifications, workouts, or any other legally binding contracts affecting loans being serviced by the Fund;
- Assists Senior Legal Counsel as needed with day-to-day legal issues from various departments within the Fund; and
- Assists with responses to FOIA requests, subpoenas, and Attorney General complaints as required.
To apply for this job please visit www.wvhdf.com.