The Office of the West Virginia Attorney General
The West Virginia Attorney General’s Office seeks a full-time attorney to represent the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources in litigation and appeals before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. This position will:
· Advise the client on litigation strategies
· Assist with policy development and implementation
· Engage with other state and federal agencies on the client’s behalf
· Advise the client on day-to-day operations
· Analyze cases for appeal
· File and respond to appeals
· Develop and implement targeted training for the client’s managers and employees, on issues related to conducting investigations, drafting reports, and preparing cases for litigation
Strong written and oral advocacy abilities are required. The candidate must be comfortable practicing independently with limited clerical support. The position is in Martinsburg, West Virginia with a significant amount of travel in the Eastern panhandle and North Central West Virginia is required.
Candidates must also have an active WV license or be eligible for admission.
Please send your resume, a writing sample and preferred salary range to email@example.com with “DHHR Attorney” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org