Public Defender Corp., 25th Judicial Circuit
The Public Defender Office, 25th Judicial Circuit, seeks a qualified individual to serve as Assistant Public Defender in their Lincoln County Office. The selected candidate will represent indigent persons charged with criminal offenses in Lincoln County Magistrate and Circuit Courts.
Benefits: Competitive salary based on work experience, PEIA medical insurance, PERS retirement, all state observed holidays off, paid vacation and sick leave, and potential eligibility for student loan forgiveness program.
- Juris Doctorate degree from ABA accredited law school.
- Active license to practice law in West Virginia.
- Knowledge of West Virginia Criminal Code, Rules of Criminal Procedure, and Rules of Evidence.
- Strong communication, writing, and organization skills.
- Ability to research law, interpret law, draft legal documents, and advocate in court proceedings.
Please send a cover letter and resume by March 31, 2023 to one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Mail: Attn: Kathy Lane, 320 Main Street, Madison, WV 25130; or
- Fax: (304) 369-2968
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com