The Tax Institute is a research organization that works as part of H&R Block, the world’s largest tax preparation company. We are looking for curious individuals who enjoy tax and want to put their research and writing skills to work. You will assist H&R Block Tax Professionals by providing written advice on tax law and regulations, explaining calculations, and tax compliance issues on a wide variety of tax problems. Top candidates should have excellent written communication skills, experience in tax preparation or tax research, familiarity with online tax research tools, and the ability to work independently. Accepted candidates located outside of the Kansas City metropolitan area will work remotely.
Seasonal Position: January – April 2022
– Performs independent research, and analysis of federal, state, local, and international tax issues and forms.
– Resolves questions from customers, tax professionals, and internal associates.
– Puts into practice sound research methods, as well as measurable productivity and work-product standards.
– Provides tax-related guidance within the department as well as to other H&R Block departments.
– Participates in the day-to-day activities of various tax research projects under direction to implement sound tax research processes and identify/resolve tax-related issues.
– Work Environment: Standard Office Environment and/or Remote
Completed Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
• Basic operational knowledge of tax law and regulations sufficient to understand and explain elements of personal, corporate, partnership, fiduciary, estate, gift, and international taxation.
• Writing skills to explain complex tax information in a clear manner and in plain language to clients with a variety of experience and education. Intermediate (practical application):
• Knowledge of tax research principles, procedures and techniques.
• Proficiency with at least one online tax research tool.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively research complex tax issues and effectively communicate findings.
• Ability to interpret, analyze and correctly formulate solutions to complex tax situations.
• Demonstrated critical, conceptual, intellectual, and problem-solving skills. Novice (limited experience):
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels within the company.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Would be even better if you had: JD, CPA, or relevant Graduate degree Candidates, or related tax/research experience
To apply for this job please visit jobs.brassring.com.