Website BHE GT&S
Safe, Reliable Energy Production, Delivery, and Storage
BHE GT&S is an interstate natural gas transmission and storage company headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, that became a standalone subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Energy in November 2020. The energy we provide supports a number of large customers, including major utilities, power plants, and manufacturing, through numerous links to major pipelines. We are also committed to innovative and sustainable solutions that give large customers more options in moving gas safely, reliably and efficiently in their markets.
BHE GT&S is seeking a general corporate attorney to provide legal support for a variety of energy related matters. Primary responsibilities will include drafting and reviewing legal agreements and property documents with a focus on support for land, lease and right-of-way, engineering and pipeline/storage operations.
Direct experience in the natural gas industry is preferred. This is a full-time office position located at the White Oaks General Office Building in Bridgeport, WV, and is not offered as a remote or work-from-home position (although flexible work hours are permitted including 4×10 work week schedules and work schedules that permit every other Friday off).
The Counsel position provides legal advice and support for pipeline and storage operations. Primary responsibilities include:
- Legal analysis of property-related matters including the acquisition and maintenance of pipeline and storage easements, condemnation proceedings, general transactional support for corporate, environmental, regulatory and operational functions
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents including easements, reimbursement agreements, purchase and sale agreements, encroachment agreements and road crossing agreements
- Advise clients on legal matters and participate in the preparation of strategies to support the respective companies’ business and operations
- Provide clients with legal and risk analysis based on interpretation of applicable laws, regulations and established policies and procedures
- Negotiate property damage claims
- Provide advice regarding denial of access to facilities, encroachment and free gas issues
The Counsel level is typically demonstrated by 2 or more years of related experience. The preferred candidate should possess the following strengths:
- Strong research, analysis and writing skills
- Ability to advocate and clearly present legal positions
- Independent judgment, initiative and ability to work directly with clients
- Familiarity with property records and ability to interpret deeds, leases, wills, etc.
Experience in the energy industry along with general experience in land and real property matters is preferred.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
BHE GT&S is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran, or disability status. Our values guide us in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
Applications are being considered through January 17, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dominionenergy.com.